Greetings! Do words like “innovative,” “passionate,” and “inspiring” describe you? If so, you are in the right place! We are searching for TWO dynamic interns who love to inspire and connect people through the power of sports and education. Check out the details below and select which internship position is the best fit for you. To apply, simply follow the steps listed at the end of this page. All applications are due by Wednesday, September 26th, 2012, by 6:00PM EST. You may want to familiarize yourself with our services to truly understand our goals. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions. Good luck!
The Marketing / Business Development Intern will play an active role in:
- Generating new business through strategic marketing efforts.
- Developing/implementing creative marketing and business development strategies to promote Childress Sports, engage clients/potential clients, and build the Childress Sports brand.
- Promoting Childress Sports’ brand and services to new & prospective clients.
- Composing and sending initial emails & communication to develop business leads.
- Researching and exploring opportunities to develop business leads (networking, events, conferences, etc.).
- Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction and promote continued business.
- Utilizing social media to develop prospective leads and engaging fans/followers.
The PR & Social Media Intern will play an active role in:
- Developing mutually beneficial relationships with media/social media.
- Developing PR strategies to promote brand, engage clients/potential clients, and build the brand.
- Seeking new and creative opportunities to feature Childress Sports in various media (newspaper, radio, websites), blogs, events, content, etc.
- Establishing new and maintaining existing social media site content on Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, YouTube, G+, etc.
- Creating multiple social media interactions with brand fans/followers on a daily basis.
- Developing creative fan engagement strategies using social media.
- Using social media to promote the business’ events, services, and clients.
- Compiling lists of pertinent media contacts.
What we’re looking for in our interns:
- Ability to Generate a Buzz
- Strong Communicator
- Sports Lover
- Desire to Work in Sports
- Social Media & Tech Savvy
- Hard Worker
- Internship duties will span from October 1, 2012 – April 1, 2013.
- The internship is project-based, but we estimate approximately 10-15/hours per week to complete projects.
- There are no set hours, but certain projects may require weekend work.
How to Apply:
Submit the following via email to ChildressSports@gmail.com by 6:00pm EST on Wednesday, September 26, 2012:
- Your most current resume
- A “Statement of Interest” answering these 4 questions:
- Which internship are you applying for?
- Why are you interested in this role?
- Why are you the best person for this role?
- What do you hope to gain in this role?
- Note: Completed statement need not exceed one page typed.
- From this information, we will select the top three applicants for a phone interview. We will make our final selection and notify the selected intern by 6:00pm EST on Friday, September 28, 2012.
Compensation & Perks:
In addition to gaining valuable real-world experience in a dynamic sports consulting firm, our interns will also receive (1) Complete access to “Game Plan U” coaching services throughout the duration of the internship, and (2) Special access to Childress Sports Consulting’s professional network of sports industry contacts to advance their career. This means that you will be personally coached by two of the sports industry’s leaders in career development! Additional perks may include opportunities to travel to and attend major sporting events and Childress Sports Consulting events with the CSC Team.