Educating student-athletes, parents, coaches, and athletic administrators about the college student-athlete recruiting process is one of the core missions of Childress Sports Consulting. For student-athletes and their families, we provide the necessary information to help them make the absolute best decisions with regards to becoming a successful collegiate student-athlete. For coaches and athletic administrators at the prep level, we provide training and education to help them become a resource to support the dreams of their student-athletes.
NOW AVAILABLE: Your copy of our “Collegiate Student-Athlete Recruiting Guide” eBook is just a click away! Go HERE.
What is covered during the Student-Athlete Recruiting Education workshop? We’re glad you asked…
- “Understanding the recruiting process and reality of collegiate athletics helps student-athletes & their parents/guardians foster collegiate success athletically, academically, and personally. Our focus is to develop successful students who are also successful athletes.”The First Steps: Becoming a Prospective Collegiate Student-Athlete
- Mutual commitment from student-athletes and parents
- Understanding The Spirit of Competition
- Developing Your Skill-Set
- Exposure, Visibility & Opportunities
Overview of the Student-Athlete Recruiting Process
- Initiating Contact Between Student-Athletes and Universities
- The College Visit & All of the Questions YOU Should Ask
- The College Scholarship
- The Big Decision
Understanding the Student-Athlete Experience
- Academic Experience: NCAA Eligibility; Academic Support Services; Maximizing Your College Experience
- Athletic Experience: Envisioning Your Student-Athlete Experience; Team, School & Athletic Department Culture; Playing Time
- Social Experience: The Community; Life As a Student-Athlete; Student-Athlete Wellness
Important Financial Considerations
- Scholarships, Financial Aid & Paying For College
- Total Cost of Attendance
- The “hidden” costs of college
- 90-minute workshop for parent/guardians & students-athletes in grades 7-12.
- Student-athletes do not have to be actively recruited at the time of the workshop.
- Events are usually hosted by one school/organization, and then made open to the surrounding community.
- Workshops are typically organized by a school’s Athletic Director or Principal, but coaches or parents may either suggest the workshop to their administration or contact ChildressSports@gmail.com directly.
- Coaches, teachers, or guidance counselors may also want to attend in order to understand how to best support prospective collegiate student-athletes.
For more information or to bring our Student-Athlete Recruiting Education workshop to your community, contact us today!
Call us: 248-224-4463 or Email us: ChildressSports@gmail.com